Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Next destination: Israel

I've been told I'm not very good at updating this blog. Which is true. I tend to only write here when I'm travelling.

I'll be travelling again soon - I'm off to Tel Aviv to see Amit, who I met in Vietnam in April. I am incredibly excited. It will really interesting travelling to the Middle East, to a country with so much history, ancient and modern, and so much politics. To be honest though, I'm most excited about seeing Amit. We've been keeping in touch constantly since Vietnam, and get along so well. I don't want to write what I think it could be, I may jinx myself if I do. I leave on Friday and return on August 2. I'm not looking forward to my 29hours of travelling to get there! Canberra - Sydney - Bangkok - Amman - Tel Aviv....

On Saturday I had a ladies night at my place. There were 7 of us, and it was a great night. I made lots of tasty food with a Mediterranean theme - Hummus, Babaganoush, Souvlaki, Falafel, and sticky-date pudding for dessert. It was nice having just ladies at the table. We discussed travel, work, drunken stories, palm reading, life, love and of course men. It was agreed by the end of the night that we should have more ladies evenings in the future.

From Canberra winter


No comments:

Post a Comment